Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me: Little Things can have Big Rewards!

Yeah, it's been a long time since I wrote. But...starting fresh this year. I know, I know, typical New Year's resolution stuff. Usually just end up with disillusioned & disappointed. But this time, I'm starting small. Thinking small {but SMART!} It's just that I have this tendency to dream sUpEr BIG and get totally overwhelmed & then get mad at myself for not being able to keep the dream alive once I wake up, you know, back in the reality of kids & a husband & a house & jobs & everything that they bring.

So I'm dreaming small now. Little things with long-term payoff... Like better physical & spiritual health. Thus, my first two resolutions:

1) One small task is going to bed at a decent hour.
I'm starting with midnight-ish. So I better get moving! Next week, I'll aim for 11-ish.

The earlier bedtime goal is required to meet another small goal.
2) I can rise & shine with hubby at 5:30 a.m. for Bible time together.
This is something we haven't done in a looong time. I've wanted to, but neither of us made it a priority. Ready for this step in the right direction! Wish me luck...and stick-to-it-iveness!

And that's all for now. More tomorrow :)

~LEAH

No comments: